The following changes in requirements to the Joint UL/ULC Standard for Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) Panels, UL 8752/ULC-S8752, are issued for the United States and Canada:
- Limit the scope of the standard to lighting applications
- Clarify polymeric materials – Relative Thermal Index requirements for larger OLED panels
- Allow for more than one power input connector in OLED panels
- Provide alternate method for secureness of soldered printed wiring board connections
- Eliminate dual language for electrical input rating
UL 8752/ULC-S8752 is the first edition of the safety standard for organic light-emitting diode (OLED) panels, originally published on June, 2012. It applies to organic lighting emitting diode (OLED) panels intended for task, ambient, or aesthetic illumination.